Welcome to Virtual Ecologies!
WELCOME TO THE VIRTUA-ECO FORUMS!

50% of your FINAL ASSESSMENT is an "Individual Effort" mark, so make sure you post as much work on the forums as possible to get the most marks!
WELCOME TO THE VIRTUA-ECO FORUMS!

50% of your FINAL ASSESSMENT is an "Individual Effort" mark, so make sure you post as much work on the forums as possible to get the most marks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UE4 Level Design Development Diaries for Virtual Worlds!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

week 13 workload! (last)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Evicente

Contribution Points : 24

week 13 workload! (last) Empty
PostSubject: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:09 am

okay okay I'm trying to finish of the exterior!
decided to create my own decals! at first I had some white edge problems, but i manage to fix it.

here are the decals.
week 13 workload! (last) Decal10

here is what it looks like on the map!!
week 13 workload! (last) Decals10

edited--------------------------

made it smaller. It was too big so here Smile
week 13 workload! (last) Decals11
Back to top Go down
Evicente

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:24 pm

yo! started adding more meshes and decorating the map.
Progress here. check image below:

week 13 workload! (last) Map_pr10
Back to top Go down
SyVanG

Contribution Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Progress on River's end week 13 workload! (last) Up3
how to capture screen
Back to top Go down
Evicente

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:10 pm

We've been working at AIT together, Me, Sivan and Oak, together we have manage to put things all together.

here is the outcome. Just a little bit more touching up to do and we'll be ready to begin the video.

week 13 workload! (last) 110
week 13 workload! (last) 210
week 13 workload! (last) 310
Back to top Go down
Carlton
Admin
Carlton

Contribution Points : 626

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 3:31 pm

Wow.... excellent polish guys! Great use of those decals Earl! The fire trees and smoke are a great touch!

The last suggestion i have would be to paint ONE MORE DIFFERENT TERRAIN TEXTURE onto your top of the mountains (the horizontals at the top of the mountain).. Because currently they are grass at the top of the mountain.

Because you see grass all day on the floor.... its better to contrast the mountains as "the edge of the world".... by given them a unique texture different from the "playable" space...

week 13 workload! (last) Scape_erosion_mountains-568x260

Maybe add "emphasis" to your broken ship by having "red light" inside??? to help it stand out?

More black texture around the ship crash site.....

Almost there!
Back to top Go down
https://virtuaeco.rpg-board.net
SyVanG

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 4:12 pm

Cave area done, 5 teleportors installed and working.

week 13 workload! (last) Image

Back to top Go down
Evicente

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:11 pm

Okay thanks Carlton! Will do. I'll try to find a good texture for the top mountains Smile.

In other news, We have fixed the that block problem lol and I decided to add bridge meshes as well as some particle systems. Also, I have added background sound! for our environment. Will add more sound for other stuff. I did add some trees too.

By the way, I made sure you can walk through the bridge without any hassle. SO YEAH! AWESOME!

week 13 workload! (last) Map_110
week 13 workload! (last) Map_210
week 13 workload! (last) Map_310
week 13 workload! (last) Map_410
Back to top Go down
Carlton
Admin
Carlton

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Wow awesome! The new bridge looks great!
And great find on the bird particle Wink
Getting better and better!
Back to top Go down
SyVanG

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:03 pm

OMG. I was finishing up the video recording then UDK just crashed my laptop, I can't open UDK now without it freezing every thing. Earl you will have to finish up the remaining two cameras, render it then send me the video so i can edit it. I was going to upload all the stuff we did today but it froze >_
Back to top Go down
SyVanG

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:51 pm

Me and Earl
Polished up the cave and terrain area. Added all sound effects (fire, waterfall, sparks, nature ambiance). Also I was doing the recording, there are 7 cameras in total, I did the first 5 and Earl did the last 2.

Me and Oak made this hidden room that can only be access via the teleporter. In the room itself you have 3 teleporters in total. Oak designed the room, I help build it up and we animated the gun and light flicking red. I added the sound effects for the siren.

Me and Earl, added lil details like additional debris and cover system
Back to top Go down
SyVanG

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:03 pm

BAD NEWS: Assignment won't be submitted tonight due to technical difficulties with our laptops. I will finish everything (DM setup and video render) at AIT tomorrow morning and upload the files to jivi.
Back to top Go down
SyVanG

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:04 pm

YAY! DONE. Good work guys. GAME OVER. And thanks Carlton, your a really amazing teacher.
Back to top Go down
Carlton
Admin
Carlton

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 3:43 pm

Well done guys Wink! The final map looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: week 13 workload! (last)   week 13 workload! (last) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

week 13 workload! (last)
Page 1 of 1