Welcome to Virtual Ecologies!
WELCOME TO THE VIRTUA-ECO FORUMS!

50% of your FINAL ASSESSMENT is an "Individual Effort" mark, so make sure you post as much work on the forums as possible to get the most marks!
WELCOME TO THE VIRTUA-ECO FORUMS!

50% of your FINAL ASSESSMENT is an "Individual Effort" mark, so make sure you post as much work on the forums as possible to get the most marks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UE4 Level Design Development Diaries for Virtual Worlds!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Collected Diary from last two weeks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlexanderOhman

Contribution Points : 3

Collected Diary from last two weeks Empty
PostSubject: Collected Diary from last two weeks   Collected Diary from last two weeks Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 2:23 pm

Hola! Since I haven't had any internet connection at home. You'll get the last two weeks as one. I know you wanted every week update, but I haven't been able to do so.

Collected Diary from last two weeks 110
So, this is the base layout we have for our map. This is all chunks of rocks to have the basic layout

Collected Diary from last two weeks 210
A terrain is of course needed, so I added terrain around all the rocks, so I could mesh together terrain and rocks

Collected Diary from last two weeks 310
New skybox with more mystic athmosphere added, and I added more rocks and more mountains around it.

Collected Diary from last two weeks 410
The first idea was to have a large ocean, which would melt together with the skybox in the horizon.

Collected Diary from last two weeks 510
It didn't feel right with a vast ocean, I instead wanted to give the feeling that the player is surrounded by large mountains, and that the lake were in a vally.

Collected Diary from last two weeks 610
Skybox had to be changed to get the correct atmosphere again. The night sky were to dark, and the whole map got to "sad". Instead I added a dusk skybox.

Collected Diary from last two weeks 710
Finally, some props is getting added. Trees and textures is worked on properly all over the map.

Collected Diary from last two weeks 810
The first preview with camera effects and fog. A global fog effect added closest to the lake to give the map a bit more of mystic.

Collected Diary from last two weeks 910
Here, with one more directional light and no fog effect. More rocks where added to the left side in the picture, to give it a bit more of "real" feeling, in game.

Collected Diary from last two weeks 1010
The top of the mountain, altar ruins and the massive statues. Wanted to give the feeling of that it once was something "religious"

Collected Diary from last two weeks 1110
And the bridge added, the bridge which Victor coded himself, so you could apply it between which ever point you want and extend and increase it. And it builds buy it self when you hit play.

Collected Diary from last two weeks 1210
Then to this boring part, blocking. Everything blocked out with regular cubes, which i then removed the mesh renderer from.

Collected Diary from last two weeks 1310
Starting point of the map is being built, some ruins of an old road leading up to the temple entrance.

Collected Diary from last two weeks 1410
Print Screen of the final product! Mystic sunrise over this mountain side.

That's all from me!  afro

Alex
Back to top Go down

Collected Diary from last two weeks
Page 1 of 1